Tuesday 12 May 2020

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #1

We are asked to do a layout about "Oh Happy day! "
I've used this sketch from Paper Issues to create it.


I've used mainly the lime colours from my kit (they're more aqua really).
My photo is taken from the top of the Empire State Building, which has been on my bucket list since I was a little girl. Dad went up there in 1959 and never stopped talking about it.

As I stood up there looking down at various buildings, it suddenly hit me...I'm really here! I've fulfilled the dream. 

I don't know the name of that building with the copper roof but someone said it was one of the big hotels. Perhaps one of you American people can tell me.
Research tells me it is 40 Wall st or the Trump building. (ugh!)



2 comments:

cinmfoster said...

Julene, lovely layout and a great take on the sketch. It's such an amazing view. I think the building you are referring to is the New York Life building.
Cindy F

Lisa said...

I adore the colour scheme of the page - perfect match to the roof of the building. I also had that "wow" moment up there at the top - such an awesome memory. Nice sketch that can be taken in so many different directions1