Monday 11 May 2020

Challenge yourself and lets get sketchy

I'm taking a break from my kit for this layout.
I'm combining 2 challenges Challenge Yourself and Let's get sketchy.




The theme is Mom or as we say in Australia, Mum.
The 2 colours prominent in the photo were black and purply-pinks.

Searching through my stash I found an older paper that I only ever intended as layering but it works on this modern funky style layout.
I chose a darker purple paper as my strip across in similar tones, then found a pale mauve which worked as my matting layer.
The gingham ribbon was better than plain black ribbon and my black bow went well with it. I added 2 chipboard small tags ,a 7 gypsies circle that says "home" plus a die cut saying hey girl.

I hope you like it!

13 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a gorgeous take on the sketch! I love all of the shades of purple here, and that photo of the 2 of you is wonderful! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are very happy that you did!

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

Great layout!! Your colour choice is just perfect to make your photograph pop!
Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Bethany.Roisland said...

I love the monochromatic design! Purple is such a great color to celebrate Mums with! Thanks for playing at LGS!

Kim said...

I love a tone-on-tone layout! The layout uses the sketch perfectly! Thank you for joining the Challenge YOUrself team this month!

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Great take on the sketch. I'm a lover of purple and you did well with it. It goes well with your dress. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let's Get Sketchy.

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Love the purple and black together! Lovely photo of you and your mom! Thanks for playing along this month at Challenge YOUrself!

Sayaka Aihara(sariko*) said...

Great take on the sketch. love the color and the photo. Thank you for joining us at LGS!

Chieko said...

It's a nice layout! Thank you for participating in lgs!

Tracy P said...

Colors are great. The pops of black are perfect. Love the photo. Well done! Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

ÅsaJ said...

Such a lovely monochromatic page! The colour fits the dress perfectly! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

Lori said...

This is such a pretty layout and that paper is perfect for this photo! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself! -Lori DT

Sherri Caramico said...

LOVE the base page and how it compliments the photo!! Great layout! - Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Fantastic take on the challenge and the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!