Thursday, 29 July 2021

Mixed media academy canvas

 I've made a canvas for mixed media academy.

The theme is travel and I have used a photo I took in Venice ,Italy.

My mixed media compulsory element is stamp. I've used a "moments" word stamp in a few areas on the canvas. That was my starting point.


I then used Kaisercraft rub ons using words like love,promise,moment,happiness.

The background was painted with white gesso and I also used white gesso through a clock mask giving a raised texture. 

Next I misted with tattered angels turquoise mist. The memory maze chipboard cogs were also misted and placed randomly on the canvas. White gauze was placed randomly both vertically and horizontally on the canvas too.

On the right hand side I glued Prima metallic pieces. I added blue foil them my photo and a flair from Shopevalicious. The canvas sticker and inked bird were then added.

I would dearly love to visit Venice again. Here's my canvas.




Tuesday, 27 July 2021

Tuesday Taggers part 2. and Li'l red wagon

 At Tuesday Taggers the theme is birds.

I have already entered once but remembered I had this bird sticker,so made a tag. I used mist through a stencil first then inked in blue over the top. I drew the border with a zig pen and punched out the ribbon hole. Finally I added my sticker.

Haven't decided how I'll use this tag yet hence no ribbon. It might even go on a Christmas card perhaps.



At Li'l Red Wagon there is a faces challenge.

I've made a motivational card for my sister's Grandson. He is doing his final high school exams soon (in the middle of covid lockdown) . I thought he needed a boost!

The face on the front is from a CD cover. The actual disc broke, but I kept this as I  thought I'd use it somehow. I trimmed the picture then added my sentiment.



Monday, 26 July 2021

Sketch 'n' scrap cards

Sketch 'n'scrap blog have 2 card challenges this month. I've made one card for each of them.






and 

    



I've used the same papers and embellshments as they are for twin boys.


Friday, 23 July 2021

Scraproom Group colour challenge.

 


The Scraproom Group on facebook has a colour challenge.

I found a striped paper that was perfect and used a big red doiley as my backing. My photo was matted on the dark blue and I used a paler blue as my ribbon across the layout.

I had some die cuts which worked perfectly as well for corner tabs and the ribbon loop. I kept the rest fairly plain.



Tuesday Taggers and Shopping our stash

 I've made this card for Tuesday Taggers where their theme is birds.

I had a large owl picture that I've decided to use. I added rhinestone eyes and doodled around the eye area to make it more pronounced. My background had grey with fine grey stripes. Using bubble wrap and Versa Lavender ink I added the spotted areas. My sentiment is from a set of die cuts.


It is a long narrow card to suit the picture.

My next item is a tag for Shopping our stash challenge. They wanted bugs. I made one using the same inked bubble wrap and added butterflies. I put forever as my sentiment as I'm thinking I might use it next year on Valentines Day. I've purposely not added ribbon yet but the hole is punched ready to go.

The pink background is just for scanning purposes.



Wednesday, 21 July 2021

Paper Issues Scraplift Challenge

 


This is the layout we are asked to scraplift.

I've finished up my Counterfeit kit on this one.We watched the sunset over Glenelg beach while sipping on a cool drink. It was a magic moment!



Tuesday, 20 July 2021

Autumn Lane challenge

Finally the double sided tape has arrived and I can scrapbook again!
I'm doing the challenge at Autumn lane which is a sketch.


I started by dribbling red mist on the background then added a chipboard chicken wire that I had.
I then glued Autumn Lane flowers and wood veneer maple leaves to form 2 clusters. (Maple leaves look a bit like grape leaves).



Next I mounted my photo on bright orange card and adhered it. By now the layout had an autumn toned feel.
I did my journalling and added 2 blue arrows . Lastly I inked some flowers on the background cardstock using pinecone ink.

I'm really happy with how this turned out!