Wednesday 2 March 2022

More than words-poem plus tag.

 The challenge at More than words this month is 


Our family have a little poem that we say to count the kisses someone puts on a greeting card. I researched it and found it can also be used to count magpies (in Ireland). 

Hence my layout's name, Magpie Kisses.


Instead of pretty papers I used corrugated cardboard.I traced around a shaped paper and cut the scalloped edges. Next I inked book page and used it as part of my matting.I also cut out a bird shape from the book paper.

My fence was hand drawn on plain brown scrapbook paper and put under the photo. My alphas suited the rustic feel as well. The poem is on the left and the tag on the right explains the poem.

3 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

This is wonderfully clever & a great story! I love their challenges.

Sharon Fritchman said...

I love it, Julene! Your page is absolutely wonderful and so creative. And I love how your tag explains the poem!! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words this month!

Heather McMahon said...

Oh I love the story behind this! I've never heard of that before! Such a wonderful page and thanks for playing along at More Than Words.