Sunday 5 July 2020

Kraft plus

My next layout is for Kraft + challenge where we are asked to be inspired by Shakespeare.

I knew straight away what I would do for this.
Erica studied costume design for her degree and her final major project was to design and create costumes for a play. She chose Titania and Oberon from "A midsummer night's dream."
Here are her initial sketches.
She drafted the patterns for the outfits then sewed them for her two models.
She also made the wings from wire and organdie with glittery swirls on them.
For Oberon she made a staff with vines wound around it.
They both had body paint as above which she applied and designed.
She designed their headpieces not visible in the photos but he has vines wound around his hair and she wears a small tiara.(hand made)
They had to be transported in a car to the botanical gardens where they had the photos taken. (Would be interesting to see that). She located a suitable area among ferns etc to take the photos.
This was not a 5 minute process and took months of planning and organising.

For my layout, I wanted to use all 3 photos. I started by painting the background green.
I used a silver doiley and vellum mats to create an "etherial" look. I found a quote about fairies also on vellum which I used on my layout.
The main embellishment is a FWAB vine. There are small words around the 3 photos such as "She shines",  "This moment" plus 2 that describe what Erica went through "Inspire", "Create".
Finally, my gold glittery alphas added to the magic with some sprinkled stars for the magic again.
I hope I've done these photos justice in her eyes.


No comments: