Monday 28 February 2022

Lost coast portal to creativity and others.

 I found some new card challenge sites.

One is Lost coast portal to creativity. This current challenge is steampunk.

I have a set of Kaisercraft stamps featuring steampunk images and as this is a small narrow card I decided to use the hot air balloon. 


I inked the background with Tim Holtz "old paper" distress ink. It ages the papers. Then I stamped 2 balloons using "black soot". 

card measures 3 inches by 5 and a half inches.

                                                                   ****************

My next card is for Shopping our stash where they want a congratulatory card and a hand.

I made another steampunk style card because I had a stamp of a hand in the same Kaisercraft set.

I also included a bottle of champagne opening,implying a celebration. Again not much room on the card for Congratulations or well done but the thought is there.


                                                                     *******************

We love stamping has anything goes. So I made yet another card featuring a stamp. This one is a key, but has been inked in the same way to age it.


                                                                  *****************

Next is a card for Just add ink.


 I'm also entering this at The Male room
For this card ,I chose layers plus patterned papers. I've stamped a pocket watch in the centre piece. Again I rubbed over the card with Tim Holtz Distress ink "old paper" to age the card.


On this one I was pleased to use up some scraps of patterned paper.

                                                              **********************

Last card for this bundle is for We love to create 

They asked for mixed media. I started by splodging red mist across the page. (Does it l,look like blood?). Next I stamped using the pocket watch stamp again. When that dried, I used Old paper ink through a mask . Again it has aged the card. I added my sentiment and here it is.


This makes a set of 5 cards which I will package up and sell. 

9 comments:

brenda said...

A super display of masculine cards, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

B x

Sue said...

What lovely cards! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx

dj said...

Busy girl...great masculine cards!! Thanks for including that fun hand stamp and joining our "your deserve a hand" challenge over at SOS!!

Rochelle Blok said...

Fantastic cards Julene!Loving the old world look to your cards. Such an awesome use of patterned papers and layers. Thanks for playing along this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

Mervi said...

Fabulous set of cards.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

AlisonC said...

All your cards tone together while being different, which is lovely. Great work with the hand stamp, perfect for our challenge. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this week. Alison DT

Crafting Queen said...

Love youru set of male cards. Thanks for joining We Love Stamping. Anesha

Chantell Randall said...

Wonderful masculine cards with unique images and a great rustic style. Chantell Just Add Ink

The Papercrafting Pixie said...

I really like the grungy effects you have created. Thank you for taking part in the WeLove2Create challenge, Gabrielle Polkadoodles DT