Monday 12 November 2018

Let's scrap

Here is this month's lets scrap sketch.
I've decided to use the left hand side page buy slightly changed it as I used 3 portrait photos.

I had a challenge on Paper Issues to use 2 things that rhyme on a layout eg bold and cold or punch and lunch.
I wanted to do these photos from the Empire State building so chose tower and flower.
This explains how this layout grew.
I used vellum as my strip across the centre.(the one in my kit with the curves)
I edged it with zigzag washi tape.
Next I double matted the main photo, the second mat featured stars which matches the yellow on the vellum. I placed this photo on my page and did my 3 button flags at the top.(Used scraps from my kit)
The other 2 photos were too tall to mat so they went directly on to the page.
My title and subtitle also came from my kit.
The background paper is from the recollections range and is named Blue marble.

********************************************************
Next another layout for Paper Issues where we are asked to repeat a shape.

Again I used 3 photos. This time it was the flat iron building in New York.
I layer matted my main photo using vellum, kraft and a pink motif.
The 2 border strips are from my kit.
I'm finishing up the red letters so can only spell flat. The iron part I write myself.

I punched flowers from navy cardstock and scattered them on my page. Nice contrast I thought.




6 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Way to go, Julene, on using your November kit and for getting layouts made with the Paper Issues Crop Hop challenge prompts!!! PI has a diverse range for the Crop Hop and what was already posted on their blog/Facebook page was varied too.

Doreen Vasquez said...

Always love your "travel" pages and I love your combo on the top layout: "flower/tower"...excellent idea for that challenge!

Lacy Nicole said...

Hi Julene. Thank you for playing along with us at Let's Scrap Sketches. Great take on the sketch. Nicole DT

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful layouts. Great take on the sketch and challenge.

scrapqueen141 said...

Great layout! Wonderful take on the sketch, thank you for joining us at Let's Scrap! Blessings, Jamie DT

CathQuillScrap said...

Love your layouts and how you adapted them to your needs. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Scrap Sketches.