Saturday 3 November 2018

Rochelle spears challenge

Thank You

[Chorus]
If the Sun refused to shine
I would still be loving you
When mountains crumble to the sea
There would still be you and me
Kind woman, I give you my arm
Kind woman, nothing more
Little drops of rain
Whisper of the pain
Tears and love lost in the days gone by
My love is strong
With you, there is no wrong
Together we shall go until we die
My, my, my
Inspiration's what you are to me
Inspiration - look, see
And so, today, my world smiles
Your hand in mine, we walk the miles
Thanks to you it will be done
For you to me are the only one
What I say is
Happiness no longer sad
Happiness, I'm glad
[Chorus]
Ah
Thank you
I'm combining this challenge with Rochelle Spears challenge which is this sketch
http://rochellespears.blogspot.com/  and we are asked to also used leaf paper.
                                                 
                                                     **************
Having established all that I've chosen 2 photos of the Chrysler Building in New York.
(I'm scrapping my recent holiday)

When the Chrysler Building opened, there were mixed reviews of the building's design, ranging from its being inane and unoriginal to that it was modernist and iconic. Perceptions of the building have slowly evolved into its now being seen as a paragon of the Art Deco architectural style; and in 2007, it was ranked ninth on the List of America's Favorite Architecture by the American Institute of Architects

I think it is one of the prettiest buildings there and its design is INSPIRATIONAL. (See song!)

Unfortunately I didn't have the letters to write that so shortened it to INSPIRED. 
Hopefully, that is close enough.
The only leaf paper I had was the neutral background, plus the plush blue and brown leaves on the vertical strip.

Instead of the upside down tag and twine at the top corner, I used a sticker showing NY skyline including the Chrysler building.
I've used a silver doiley and tag to hark back to the silver building.
There is a combination of colours  on my layout


3 comments:

Becca Sadler said...

Julene: intriguing combo of song lyrics, sketch, and having a leafy print paper! I definitely like the repetition of grays and silvers that reinforce the Chrysler's materials! Adding the sticker's city-scape helps to tell story and keep journaling to a minimum in order to keep the focus on the 2 photos! Well done!

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful page. Love the skyline in the top corner, and the silver to represent the building. Cindy F

Stacy H-W said...

Lovely page! I love the layering and the title work. Thanks for playing along on Scrappy Friends!!