Wednesday 11 February 2015

Sketches in Thyme.



Here is Sketches in Thyme's sketch.
A 3 photo sketch suited my daughter's photos of famous paintings from MOMA in New York.

I started with a pretty vellum from my Counterfeit Kit.
The colours matched the art. I mounted it on white card.
I found some scraps of cut out tan paper, which I used as the background interest.
I've hand stitched the top left corner using a cross hatching in various sizes. (Can't be too even).

Next I've added 3 corner flourishes stickers, over the top of 3 cream skeleton leaves.
I've added 3 flairs randomly.
This carefully avoided a flowery layout.
My title runs down the RHS.



6 comments:

Michele said...

This is great! Wonderful paintings! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

Janine Rachau said...

I, so, love what you did with the sketch here. The photographs are fantastic and your placement of them gives such a depth illusion to the page -- it looks like the middle (vertically) is closer to you than the sides -- love that!

Virginia said...

Oh that's lovely - I love what you documented too!

Susanne said...

What an interesting use of those fancy photo corners!

sassyscrapper said...

Another great use for the tile letters. Great way to showcase the photographed art.

Margie said...

What an amazing experienceto see those paintings in person! Love thaat you scrapped it!