Thursday 12 February 2015

Challenge #2 Use a date stamp

I must be an unusual scrapper.
I don't own a date stamp!

Even in my former life as a teacher librarian I never used a date stamp.
They were out of fashion and book due slips were printed by the computer.

When given this challenge I started to hunt.
None of my scrapping friends had date stamps I could borrow.
Luckily, the local library is walking distance away......I bought a culled library book for 20 cents with a date due slip full of dates inside.

On this layout I wanted to use slide mounts to echo the square windows of the skyscraper.
I covered them with the date due slip paper! Voila!!!!

The arrow paper, the mesh, the slide windows and the layering of papers are all designed to emphasise height.

5 comments:

Lesley G said...

Cleverly done Julene!!!

Janine Rachau said...

Clever! Fun use of the stamped card. Love this neutral page with all its texture!

Susan said...

Very clever!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Super-clever! I love anything that says "library book" :-)

Lisa said...

well done on finding a way to include that date stamp! so creative and I love those old library due date cards. Great layout and super use of those reinforcing ideas for the skyscraper!