Sunday 1 February 2015

February Counterfeit Kit

The February Counterfeit kit comes from Scrapbook.com Kit Club: Across the Miles 
Here's the list I've made from that:
gold
arrows
clouds
large letters
diagonal
timber
vellum
flairs
dots
wood veneers
washi
air mail
cream flowers

And here is my Counterfeit Kit named Tawny Travels

 I matched the papers by pattern rather than colours.
I've added an old atlas to get the maps.
Next my cardstocks, very neutral colours, mainly brown tones.
As you can see there are gold doileys plus hessian and a large journaling card.

Next some extra small papers plus alphas, a tag, rub ons and gold stickers
Some MME collectables with a love theme because of Valentines day & more alphas.
And finally the little bits and pieces.
 There's lots of ribbon like stuff in this lot. One piece has a wood veneer pattern.
plus flairs, wood veneer butterflies, birds & raindrops, twine, skeleton leaves, dots, buttons & a buckle, air mail travel stickers and a flower made from organdie with gold flock pattern.
Now here is the order of the hop












19 comments:

Lisa said...

I like that we all take different approaches to making our kits! The list of main features of the kit is a good idea and can create a super kit that it all you while staying true to the original! great job. Looks like a big kit so I'm looking forward to seeing what you make

Lesley G said...

Love how you create the list to put your kit together.
Fabulous idea,and great kit

Isbaha said...

Nice kit!

Isbaha said...

Nice kit!

Susanne said...

Lots of variety in your kit - I am especially loving those bits and pieces. Scrap on.

Sassy Breese said...

Your list is like a crib sheet for shopping the stash. You twigged me to check my washi and yippee! I have arrows and wood grain. Your kit has a warm and cozy feel like a comfy sweater.

Margie said...

Awesome colors, great embellies!

Tina Campbell said...

Beautiful kit, really like your approach too :) Air Mail was one I missed on my list :) Looks like your gonna have lots of fun this month craftin with it :)

sassyscrapper said...

Brilliant idea to include the World Atlas for your map paper.

mandysea said...

looking awesome Julene! I recognise some of those older papers... definite oldies but goodies!! You'll have fun working them! Hope to get back in the game this month!

Jimjams said...

This looks like a kit I could use - love the pops of colour against the tawny base

Janine Rachau said...

Fun looking kit! I like the pops of color with the browns and neutrals. Love the Atlas idea!

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful kit, love your shopping list as a starting point. Looking forward to seeing what you create.
Cindy f.

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

I love how your kit looks different from the "original" but still adopts elements from it. Can't wait to see what you create using it!

Susan said...

I like the way you make a list of what you want to replicate in your kit. I will have to give that a try sometime. Looking forward to seeing how you use everything.

Vikki said...

I love the idea of starting with a list. I think I will try that one time and see how it turns out. Great kit.

Julie H said...

Great idea writing a list of the main elements of the kit and going from there. Have fun this month!

cinmfoster said...

Cute kit, love the air mail.
Cindy f

Virginia said...

Fab kit, love the rain cloud paper in your kit!