Friday 30 September 2022

Sketches in Thyme #534 and Farmquest.

 


Here's the last sketch for the month at Sketches in Thyme.

I've used 3 old photos from waaaaaay back in 1979. We went to Sea World.


I moved the circle to the right, so that I could use that swirly chipboard heart with long tendrils that spread across the page. I had 3 photos so used them all. The colour of the deck in the photos dictated my colour scheme. I think the peach colour scheme worked on here. 


At Farmquest they want camping.

I made a layout using some old polaroids I had. This was a camping weekend back in 1971 when we first got our licenses. We did it on a budget, taking all our own food etc and sleeping on air mattresses on the ground.



1 comment:

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

This is fantastic Julene!!! What great memories!!! 6 other girls and I went camping the weekend before our HS graduation. We went to a state preserve about 20 miles from my house. We didn't get much sleep but the ranger came back around midnight to check on us! We brought some food from home and then bought some close to the forest preserve. My dad had kept his old boyhood scouting tent, so I brought that along, but most of the girls stayed outside near the campfire. Good memories for us, too, and definitely budget camping. We all chipped in to purchase our limited snacks, mostly marshmallows, hot dogs and buns! More importantly thanks for taking time to create a layout for FarmQuest's camper/tent/campfire/firepit options theme!--Becca S, owner