Monday 11 September 2017

Challenge Yourself #45.

 
I turned the sketch on its side so that it looked like this.

 
 Using 2 papers that I counterfeited (or created myself using gold mist) plus a black and white one from my Counterfeit kit, I constructed my background.
The stitching is there, just hard to see as I used a pale green cotton.
Everything on this layout is from my kit.
The die cut saying Smile! is perfect, I think that's exactly what I said. I used faux stitching on it too.
The photos feature my daughter and I at a recent meet-up.

Here's some close ups of the very appropriate Prima brads
Time after time....we are always meeting somewhere!
 
and
Eyeglasses brad near Erica's glasses.
 
Finally Ta Da...the layout!
 
 
I'm entering this at Tuesday Taggers as well, because their theme is stitching.
I've used both machine and faux stitching on here.



10 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Julene! I absolutely love the way you turned the sketch on it's side! What a creative page, with awesome photos! I want to thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are very happy that you did!

Meggymay said...

Thank you for sharing your fantastic project with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

froebelsternchen said...

A beautiful layout! Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday!

Rachel said...

Just gorgoues! Thank you for joining us at Challenge Yourself.

cinmfoster said...

Lovely layout. The stitching is all the rage right now, and I should include it more. You do such a great job.
Cindy F

Patries said...

Very original! Love the pictures,

Sherri Caramico said...

Great "flip!" Love your layout! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

ÅsaJ said...

Creative take on the sketch! I really like it! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

Susanne said...

I love how the colors tones of this work with your pictures, nicely done.

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Great take on the sketch! Good idea to turn the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.