Saturday 12 November 2022

CKC Challenge #1 Right now, Kraft + and Challenge YOUrself.

 We are asked to record something of our life right now.

This had me thinking and I've used a photo of me taking a selfie in a mirror at an art exhibition. 

I like visiting art galleries and museums because you're never too old to learn.

I'm enjoying life right now!


Kraft + also has a song lyric challenge, so I decided to combine the two.

I've chosen the Carpenters' song I'm on top of the world" and my Kraft cardstock has a map of the North pole on it, how appropriate! 


I've used 5 of the large tickets, also on Kraft, behind my photo at the top. They have dots behind them to make them stick up. The blue Ruby-rock-it ribbon at the top helped to make the tickets more obvious.

I matted my photo on atlas paper as well. My journalling went around the edge as I want some of the map to remain visible. My alphas didn't stand out enough, so I traced around them in black pen. I added the chiffon bow and enamel dots to finish off the layout.


Challenge YOUrself has this challenge


My own handwriting is around the edge of the layout. It has been cut off at the bottom. It says:

I am at a good place in my life right now. My debts are paid and I'm FREE to enjoy life. I smile when I think about what was achieved and have a loving family as well. Life is GREAT!!.

6 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a fabulously creative page, Julene! I absolutely LOVE the way you did your handwritten journaling and the happy message your layout relays! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!!

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

BRILLIANT picture! And you have showcased it so well on this layout!
Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Adorable photo of you, love your background paper and the handwritten journaling. Great layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself this month.

Sherri Caramico said...

Such a cool layout! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog !!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Beautiful! Love all the white space at the bottom with the large title. Thanks for playing with us at Challenge Yourself!

Tracy P said...

I absolutely love the photo!! Your tickets are the perfect touch. Thank you for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself.