Monday 15 February 2021

Sketches in Thyme.

 I'm ploughing through challenges this month and this one is for Sketches in Thyme.

Here's the sketch.
Apart from scraps I didn't have much in my kit that suited the beach, but decided neutral grey would be a good background.
I then used 2 offcuts of Bella Kraft cardstock as my horizontal piece and circle. (Kraft looks like sand on this). I used black and white pieces for my mats and added some colour using a green scrap from last months kit.
As they are 2 phtos of my recent summer holiday, I used beach embellishments. The umbrella anchor and journal card plus "summer" pennant are from St Tropez collection from Prima.(remnants from another kit).
I guess you'd call it a "different" colour scheme for beach photos.




4 comments:

Deanna said...

Wonderful take on the sketch and love the anchor accent. Thanks so much for your entry at Sketches in Thyme! :)

Eli said...

The color scheme isn't bad for these beach photos. When in doubt I too prefer to use neutral colors. But, above all, you made me want to go to the sea!
Thanks for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme.

Chieko said...


This is stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Sketche in Thyme.

Rosie said...

Your papers worked really well with the beach photos! Nice work with the sketch!