Sunday 6 April 2014

Show us your stuff


This wonderful cake is the inspiration for April's show us your stuff.

I decided to go messy with this layout since I couldn't find any papers remotely like it.
I "handmade" my background!
First I used gesso through a chicken wire mask.
I didn't have circles so it is the next best shape.
Second I drizzled some of the last of my turquoise mist down my page.
Third, I dipped a jar lid into Lil Davis metallic sheen paint to create the circles.
As you can see there is a chipboard clock face painted with the same stuff.
Fourth I glued tiny pink sequins from Annabelle stamps to my layout.
 


(Fifth) I added purple flowers from Manor House inside the clock and at the top.

I trimmed my photos of Notre Dame cathedral's famous rose window.
They were arranged on the page until I was happy with their placement.

My title says Perfection and it is chipboard from MME.
Lastly,I used a wooden veneer frame that says remember on my smallest photo to highlight it.

Here is the final layout. 2 days work, but I'm happy with it.

I've used background paper,wood veneer frame,and chipboard heading from my Counterfeit Kit.

12 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Quite the art project - turned out lovely, Julene :~D

Unknown said...

love your layout..looks beautiful..love the clock

Trish said...

Great take on the challenge,i love the colour combo,Great LO Julene

Lisa said...

wow, such work and effort! But it paid off, this is great. I can totally see the inspiration in the final result.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow what a cool interpretation to the photo :) All those circles look so cool :) Fantastic layout

Susan Hogan said...

Lovely work Julene - those windows are spectacular and your layout matches their beauty.

Paula said...

Fabulous background Julene...love those circles & the clock! Thanks for playing with us this month over @ SUYS :)

Sue Plumb said...

Fabulous background work and great use of the purple! Such amazing photos too! Thanks for playing along at SUYS. :)

Chloe said...

What a super cool handmade background! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along at SUYS :)

Catie said...

Great background work! Love the colours and the chippie clock. Fab work Julene. Thanks for joining in at SUYS this month :)

sarah martin said...

what an awesome background. Such a fabulous take on the challenge. Thanks for plaiting at SUYS x

Amanda said...

yup- wonderful background - thanks for playing at SUYS!