Friday 4 April 2014

Color me scrappy #59

I'm sitting here with a very sore throat and occasional cough, but creating a layout....because I want to!
I started with this layout I saw today on the Kaisercraft blog


It led me to my Counterfeit Kit where I have yellows, brown and green, although mine is more mint green.
Next, I remembered Color me scrappy has this palette


So with both those items in my mind, I've created this layout.

I haven't stamped on the background and dribbled paint in blobs ,as in the original, because I prefer the cleaner look.
I can hear my regular followers out there thinking,  "My goodness she has used flowers!" (LOL).
Can you spot recycled packaging? It is a bit like Where's Wally isn't it?

13 comments:

Maggie said...

Just gorgeous love the colours, the layers and the torn edges.

Dolly B said...

A gorgeous layout , the photo is perfect for the colours, it looks so peaceful. Thank you for joining in at CMS
Mary

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout :)

Bonjourscrap said...

Very nice layout ! you rock these colors ! Thank you for playing at CMS !

Unknown said...

Lovely layout. you have used the colour scheme beautifully! Hope you are feeling better too. Thanks for joining us at CMS!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Beautiful! Clever to use that bit of packaging ;~) and get a 2 for the price of 1 challenge-wise!

Lynn said...

This is lovely Julene! You scrapped the color palate to perfections! Thanks for joining us at Color Me Scrappy!

Virginia said...

Gorgeous layouts from your kit

Unknown said...

Fabulous LO! I'm into using all my negative cutouts right now, so I was instantly drawn to the yellow punched dot paper! Thanks for sharing this with us at Color Me Scrappy!

Tammi said...

awesome layout!! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Me Scrappy!!

Crystal Schneider said...

Thanks for Playing along with us at Color Me Scrappy. Your page is so pretty I love the flowers.

JJsMomSteph said...

I like the punched yellow background layer. Great use of the color palette! Thanks for joining us at CMS!

Alexandra Boehnke said...

Great job! Love all the little details. Thanks for joining us at Color Me Scrappy!