Wednesday 23 April 2014

Jingle Belles & Shopping our stash.

Jingle Belles  and Shopping our stash are also upcycling because of Earth Day.
I began with some packaging
I inked the Melissa Francis shaped piece with sage green and after cutting the bigger one to size inked around it with pinecone ink. I also used a page from an old paperback as another layer.
The flower was cut from a scrap of felt in my mother's sewing box and some scraps of tulle.
I stitched a red button to hold the layers together.

Next, I pulled a canvas apart,that I made for a DT a few years ago.
The fern leaves have been recycled on this card.
I added washi tape and a rub on.
 
And here you have a festive card made almost from recycling.
 
 

4 comments:

lauren bergold said...

what a fabulous holiday card by ANY standard, but the clever way you've upcycled the various elements makes it EVEN COOLER! totally love everything about this! thanks for joining our earth day fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Leslie Hanna said...

Wow, packaging AND pieces from an old canvas AND stuff from your Mom's sewing box. That's some serious recycling. :)

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Donna said...

Gorgeous! Love all the recycled up upcycled pieces! Just fantastic!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Earth Day challenge.

SmilynStef said...

So very clever ... I really like that upcycled bloom ... so very glad you celebrated Earth Day with us at Jingle Belles.