Monday 2 May 2022

Hexagons with May kit.

This month I'm working on my photos from a drive around Country Towns I did recently.

 First layout for new kit.

I always try and do the challenges at Lasting Memories. Right at the end of April they asked us to use Hexagons. I have recently bought some Jillybean soup " Remember Hexies" ,so decided to still do a layout despite it now being May.


The background paper is BOLT "Ticking" from Ruby Rock-it.  I have several sheets of it, so decided to use it this kit. It worked well with these 3 photos of Eugowra which I matted in green. 

The hexies are in green,yellow and pale blues. I also trimmed a 4th photo to use as my title. Also on here are 2 chipboard small tags and a border strip from my kit.

*************************************************************************************Next I used a second sheet to compose another layout.


Eugowra was a tiny dot on the map and I intended to drive straight through it. As I drove into town I saw a mural on a wall about Australia's biggest gold robbery.

I'm interested in history so said to myself "I'm stopping here to look around". I was so glad I did!

I used the small photo of a (broken) road sign top left to show where I was. My photos are of the Gardiner gang who held up the stagecoach with their names.Someone has also made a bushranger out of old iron,complete with gun. The cows are made out of corrugated iron and painted.

You can see why I loved this town!

One of my new Items I used on here is the Basic Grey garland at the top. These come pre sewn so you just adhere them to your layout. The Love love love tag is from American Crafts cut aparts.

No comments: