Friday 12 June 2020

Card concept and Male Room



This is the stimulus picture at the Card concept.
I remembered I had bought several sheets of "camping" scrapbook paper made by Bella.
So I carefully cut the corner printed section to make my card.
It was fairly busy with lots of strips and colours so I just added a neutral strip at the top, plus my sentiment.
There are some links to the original, the checks, woodgrain, trees.
I'm not expecting to win anything but was happy for the challenge and another male birthday card made.


Using the same paper I constructed this card for the MALE ROOM.

The sketch looked like this

Initially I thought of Santa claus but I'm replenishing my male birthday cards so took a different view.

In my kit were some circular kraft tags. I cut one so that the centre looked like a buckle then threaded through a thin strip of paper. I topped it with a brad in the tag hole.


6 comments:

Wickcliss said...

Lovely take on the sketch at The Male Room. Thank you for joining us. Thanks, Clarissa DT

Nancy Penir said...

Juleen, I'm crushin' on the camping details on your card. Did you fussy cut the camper, fire and trees? So cute an arrangement. And so glad you were inspired by the Card Concept! Thanks for playing along!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love where you have taken the sketch and how it's finished. Thank you so much for joining us in our Sketch challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith DT TMR

Faith my blog

Lady Joyful said...

Great take on the sketch. Your incorporated your papers really well for this masculine design. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Lesley said...

Great job with the inspiration! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Sari / Granne said...

What a wonderful take on the sketch and love the "earthly" colors you have used. Thank you for joining our challenge at the Male Room, I hope you'll play with us in our new "use die cuts" challenge.