Wednesday 5 June 2019

Let's get sketchy.

Let's get sketchy has this sketch



I've decided to use one of my scary papers as the top part of this layout.
It is the bright SEI "on the coast" paper and let me say it looked really frightening as a whole piece but once torn, it improved.

The other fine lined paper is Cocoa Vanilla You Rock.
I started by inking through a clock mask using "old paper" distress ink. It gives a great olive green/dirty brown look.

Next I cut my 3 background strip pieces, in co-ordinating papers.
My photo features me and Barbara on the caterpillar ride through Christchurch Botanical gardens.
For my cluster,I adhered a large green flower from D-Lish scraps in the corner plus a small label.
I also added a large punched green flower and 2 strips from MME "Lost and Found" range.

I sewed 3 buttons on, 2 black and one watering can shaped.(on the right above the flower)
I added a few enamel dots and there you have it!


This is also being entered as Mystical scrapbook's monthly challenge where inking through a mask is the criteria.

5 comments:

cinmfoster said...

Love the crazy paper and it doesn't seem so crazy in the smaller pieces.

Bethany.Roisland said...

I like the notebook styled background paper you chose for this layout! It blends well with the busy prints! Thanks so much for playing at Let's Get Sketchy!

CathQuillScrap said...

Super cute. Love the little watering can. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

Sayaka Aihara(sariko*) said...

Love the background! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

craftybyfirna said...

So cute! Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!