Tuesday 2 April 2019

ARTastic challenge.

The challenge this month at ARTastic is pets. It is based around this painting.



Meet our cat Tuppence who died at age 17 in 2008.


Being a tortoiseshell she had a quirky personality.(Don't they all?)
She provided us with many amusing moments.
My layout is based on one game she played with me in particular. 
When my back was turned or I was in another room she would climb up on the dining room table and stretch out. The unique bends and twists she performed amused me.

I made my photo black and white because she clashed with the colourscheme. LOL
I used texture paste with a mask to create the chevrons then echoed them with some chipboard chevrons I had. I added 2 flairs and some other embellishments plus a rub-on hand pointing to her in the photo. I hope you like my layout.

Here are some other layouts I've done in the past of cats.They seem to be a theme of mine!



(yes it is me!)











5 comments:

Dale Tiernan said...

She is in such a twisty position. Crazy how cats can feel comfortable like that.
Love cat pages. Love all your cat pages.

Shazza said...

Great cat page you entered for the challenge at ARTastic. I think it’s a form of table top dancing, cat style lol :)

KarenB said...

Fantastic page Julene. Great idea to use a b/w photo.

Tanya Heritage said...

Oh my goodness what a funny crazy cat...
The title is purrfect for your layout. ;)
Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month x

Jane said...

Wonderful work – this is such a great page of Miss Tuppence. Thank you so much for sharing your love of felines with all of us at ARTastic this month.