Thursday 12 July 2018

Challenge #1 Forget me knot.


This is a making memories distressing tool.
You run the paper through the V shape and it roughens up the edges to "distress" the paper.

I also have versa pinecone ink which goes hand in hand with the above.
Coupled together these 2 items give layouts the "aged" look.
A little while ago a friend and I went to the Australian National Museum.
There they have Australian inventions that changed our lives ,such as Ned Kelly's armour,hills hoist clothes line etc.

In this picture on the right hand side, you can make out an early aeroplane.
It is the Southern Cross 

Southern Cross is the name of the Fokker F.VIIb/3m trimotor monoplane that in 1928 was flown by Australian aviator Charles Kingsford Smith, Charles Ulm, Harry Lyon and James Warner in the first-ever trans-Pacific flight to Australia from the mainland United States, a distance of about 11,670 kilometres. 

It is the subject of my layout.

I made my background by using pinecone ink through chicken wire mask.
Next I layered scraps of heritage -looking papers which I distressed and inked.I also flicked gold mist drops on my background.
The old brads are rom my father's garage and might be nearly as old as the plane.(repurposed)
I tied string between the brads to form a partial border.
The large clock was fussy cut from one of the papers in my kit.




1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ah yes, distressing the paper! I still have one from Stamping' Up that I used on every single page I think way back when! Great distressing and vintaging!