Wednesday 13 September 2023

Challenge YOUrself

 At Challenge Yourself we are asked to do a layout about life balance.


Because my daughter lives in Canberra I rarely get a chance to spend time with her. When I do we usually go somewhere on our own to explore and enjoy our time together. In August we visited Parliament House in Canberra. I hadn't been there for 36 years, so I was interested to see it again. 

On this layout I used the misted background paper cut to fit on purple cardboard surround. I used the last of the curly lace/fibre on this, plus the last big wood veneer circle. Also 2 smaller pieces of patterned paper, 2 punchies and 3 buttons. I hand journalled instead of using a card. 



NEXT DAY: I made this layout below to use the other 4 photos from Parliament house. It is a simple layout and doesn't exactly match, but that's ok. 

It helped me use up the small circular alphas from Basic Grey. The navy washi tape was a good match for the top left photo.



2 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Julene! I love that you got to see your daughter and to visit a place that you had not seen in years. Your layout is absolutely beautiful, and I really like the second page, too. (You're right - it doesn't have to match.) Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month for the Life Balance challenge. We're happy that you did!

Tracy P said...

Love this and your story. All of your finishing touches are are perfect! Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.