Monday 12 October 2020

Challenge #1 Spring or Autumn

 I'm using a sketch at sketches in thyme for this layout.



It is Spring here and the flowers are blooming, the bees are buzzing and the butterflies are flitting from bud to bud.

These photos were taken on my lavender plant where a butterfly stole the limelight. I was watching a bee bussing around and decided to take a photo. Along came a white butterfly and wouldn't let me snap the bee. It was pestering me to take its photo.

I used a Fancy pants Wonderful Day paper Outstanding as my background.It is lime green with hearts.

Next I matted my photos and used yellow and green (my 2 favourite colours as extra layering). I used brown edged tags and tiny butterfly tabs to add interest then finally used lots of spring flowers where the clouds are on the sketch.

I think this layout screams "Spring".

Here's the flowers first.



 


And my layout.




1 comment:

Tammy Folk said...

Julene - what beautiful pictures!! And a perfect sketch to document them. Just beautiful!! Thanks for playng along with us at Sketches in Thyme!