Wednesday 15 May 2019

Unstampabelles

The twist at Unstampabelles is the 1920s and the theme is "To have and to hold"

I put an unusual twist on my layout.
 The photo is from a Phryne Fisher costume exhibition I attended a few years ago.
She is in a series of books by Kerry Greenwood and I have read them all.


Back in those days people didn't always get married in white dresses.
My grandparents attended many weddings where the photos were of brides dressed in something like the coat above.
It is blue, so a good colour for a bride.
I've used white doiley and flowers to allude to a bride too.

6 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

That exhibition was fabulous, wasn't it! I loved all the costumes and the accessories as well. the shoes were magnificent - I am a real shoe girl! This layout is so divine - and so clever to match the challenge in this way! Thanks for thinking of us at Unstampabelles!

frommycraftroom said...

A unique twist! Love the layout - sounds like a good exhibition. Might look at the books too. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Jackie said...

Love your layout Julene!! I haven't seen the exhibition but I watched the TV series about Mrs Fishers Mysteries!! Excellent!

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow! Lovely!! Thanks so much for participating in our UNSTAMPABELLES challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Dale Tiernan said...

I do love costume exhibitions. I always try to attend them, even overseason.
Clever interp.

Connie Can Crop said...

How beautiful! What a great exhibit that must have been! Thanks for entering at UnstampaBelles! DT Connie