Tuesday 16 August 2022

Mystical sketch cyber crop and Artastic

 

Here's the sketch at Mystical


and here's the stimulus picture at Artastic


What inspires me about that ?

My first thought was Australian farms and outback areas. Kangaroos, sheep etc.

The wheat overlapping, vertical lines, straw basket (woven) , a picnic , picnic rug (gingham), sunhat,horse,lady.

Method: 

I pulled out all my scraps featuring the wheat colouring. I included vellums with one saying "hot summer days". 

I tore vellum plus a woven straw piece and the hot summer days vellum to create my bottom border.

I matted my 2 photos on scraps of wheat coloured paper. I made 2 tags using yellow and cream tones and threaded twine through them.

The 2 banners (one cut in half actually) are gingham so hark back to a picnic idea. or maybe a ribbon on a straw hat.

I added blue and red enamel dots on the tags. There's also red and blue on the banners.

Kangaroos are animals so are horses. Both can be seen on Australian farms.





No comments: