Tuesday 18 January 2022

Counterfeit kit Challenge #2

 For challenge #2 we are asked to use one of the sketches on Cindy's Pinterest page here 

https://www.pinterest.com/cindyf2456/ckc-january-2022/

I have chosen this layout to scraplift.


I've used the 2 crate papers from my kit, Maggie Holmes Instafriends. It is actually 2 sides of the one paper.


I kept the other layers as neutral as I could so that the photo stands out. The 3 strips of yellow on the left were hand stitched using lots of embroidery thread.(Another mission I'm on is to use all that).

The flowers are from Autumn Lane. The journal circle is from Jillibean soup cardstock stickers.


I'm also entering this on Challenge YOUrself where the theme is friends working together.

As these are my 2 best friends, I think this qualifies.

We originally met in Rotaract (junior Rotary) where we did many community projects together, everything from painting houses to selling chocolate bars as fundraising.bArbara and I are travel buddies and problem solve when things go wrong,including famously getting stranded in Greece.

Hope you like it.

9 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a beautiful layout! And I LOVE your interpretation of our theme this month, Julene! That photo says it all!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself for the first challenge of the year! We are all happy that you did!

Tracy P said...

This absolutely qualifies. Nothing better than teaming up with your bestfriends. You created a beautiful layout. I love the colors. Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

You have done a really lovely job on this layout! It is SO pretty!
Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Ann Marie said...

Lovely layout about a lovely friendship. I hear you on using up embroidery floss, I'm on the same mission! LOL

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Great scraplift! Love the papers and flower embellishments you chose! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Kim said...

What fantastic layouts! I love your design and the monochrome feel of the blue one! Thank you for sharing with the Challenge YOUrself blog this month!

Sherri Caramico said...

Beautiful layouts!I love the monochromatic blues and the birds paper and your design on your friends layout is lovely -- Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!

Nancy L said...

Beautiful layout! I love the photo of you and your friends. Thanks for playing along with Challenge YOUrself!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Both layouts are beautiful! Great photos with your friends, lovely papers and design. Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself this moth.