Sunday 8 September 2013

Home made polaroid frames with transport theme.CKC tutorial.


This was one of the pictures for the add on embellishments for September's Counterfeit Kit.
I've been making my own using embellishments I already had and stamps featuring transport.

First I divided a 30x30 cm paper into 10cm squares.
This gives you 9 squares.
Then I used a ruler and craft knife to carefully cut "windows " in the squares.
I've used aeroplanes, cars, rockets and "explore"
Then I turned to my transport themed stamps
I know the Eiffel Tower isn't transport but I have lots of travel pictures of Paris, so I included it.
 
The close up made me realize that I should have used stayz-on ink and embossed the stamps.
Oh well, scrapping is a learning curve after all! I am sure I will still use these on my layouts.
I've used one on the Colour me scrappy layout already.
 
So off you go and try these out. They are all the rage in the scrapping world.
 

4 comments:

Isbaha said...

Such a good idea, I have to try that !

mandysea said...

wow, they look soooooooooo cool Julene, the bought ones can be so expensive.... should really sit down and do some of these!! Thanks for sharing!

Lesley G said...

Nice job :)

sassyscrapper said...

Perfect polaroids and the addition of the travel theme elements really customize them. Great job. Thanks for your contribution to the tutorial post.