Sunday 26 January 2020

Scrap our stash sketch


In my Counterfeit Kit I put some papers featuring timber cut into logs.
My original intention was a woodland theme.

But then something happened in Australia that needs to be documented and remembered. BUSHFIRES

I've used some of the iconic photos that were on our media to create this page.
(I have 3 pieces of this log paper so will do more)

I followed the basic sketch but my photos were bigger so used 2 down the left hand side.
My title needed to be at the bottom because of the flames.
The chevron paper is under the big photo on the right, I cut the chevrons at the bottom to give more "staccato" to the scene. There are 3 gold hearts on my layout.

4 comments:

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a awesome page. Love the details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Happy Scraping!

Jacynthe said...

We've all been following the devastating fires in Australia. I'm particularly touched by the animals who are defenseless against what is happening. It's heartbreaking to say the least. I can see why you would want to document such an important event. Great series of photos. The wood logs paper works really well here, and just that one word title says it all. TFS.

missgailly said...

Great layout to document this horrific event. I think it's important to document the good memories as well as the bad ones. After all, that's real life. Thank you for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - Gail

Angela said...

So sad what's happening. These photos really bring that emotion out.
You've done great documenting it. I particularly like your title.
Thanks for playing along with us at SOS.