Monday 12 October 2015

Challenge #2 A 3D item

At first I was thinking something entirely different, but then I discovered a paper mache heart that needed "prettying".

I started with this, plus keep the wet wipes handy!!

Using the doileys like paper mache, I covered the heart. It took about 6.Slather on the modge podge and pleat or fold and parts to ease them around the bumps.
Leave to dry overnight or for a few hours at least. I used the laundry tap.


When thoroughly dry,start to decorate.
I've used laces.
Layer another coating of mod podge all over it.
Add words, ribbons, buttons etc.
And here is my finished item, both sides views.
FRONT

and back


Here are some others on Pinterest
shabby chic altered LARGE paper mache heart WINDOW home is where the HEART is decoration hanging sign plaque:

Beautiful button decoupage   A unique decorative pillow idea =)   This would look nice with a beach theme =)  maybe near a window =DDD <33:

Little Faux Paper Mache Hearts:

Handpainted Paper Mache Puffy Heart Ornament, Garden Chic by Peppercorns for $5.00:

I love the button idea and one day might try this.

5 comments:

Kelly Sroka said...

This is wonderful! I love the lace!

Margie said...

What a sweet puffy heart! Love this!

kate blue said...

ooohhh...aaahhh...I think I have one of those sitting in my Tim Holtz box just waiting to be inspired! Thanks for the inspiration and can you do me a favor and send me your snail mail to: bluequeen4@hotmail.com ?? You are a surprise receiver of an RAK for being such a wonderful player at SOS all the time and for being a sweet follower of my blog! Kate :)

Lisa said...

great job of prettying up that plain looking heart into a real keepsake!

sassyscrapper said...

How beautiful!