Wednesday 3 September 2014

Two old school photos at Stuck!

The background paper featuring a rocket couldn't be more apt.
These 2 photos were taken 1967-1968 just before man landed on the moon.I was at high school.

We recently held a reunion  and photos emerged. These are 2 I can't remember being taken ,but I am in both.

Here is Stuck?! sketch



And here is my layout.
I've used a lolly bag as my mat for the left hand picture.
More detailed journaling will go in there.
My blackboard elements became part of the layout too, the "Hello", title and date strip.
The shield sticker from "Glitz it now" was a perfect shape for old school photos.
I hand stitched the circles.

Finally, I'd like to wish the Stuck?! team Happy Anniversary.

12 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Looks great! When you scrap your reunion photos, post them over at Lisa's whimsicalmusingschallenge.blogspot.com

This week's challenge #135 is Reunions!

Unknown said...

Such a fantastic page, love the bold red background! So glad you joined us at Stuck?! for our celebration!

Stephanie said...

Fabulous take on the sketch & great minds must think alike … I saved this sketch earlier this week with the intent of working with it this month :)

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute layout love the old pictures too and the way you pointed yourself out. Yep this a good sketch to work with it's on my planed list this month to do :)

Susanne said...

Love how that pointed finger starts the viewer on a diagonal flow that you've carried through. Fun page.

cinmfoster said...

Lovely layout and a great take on the sketch. The hand stitching is a nice addition.
Cindy F.

Sandy Ross said...

I remember vividly when they landed on the moon as well! Great photos to document! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with our celebration at Stuck?!

Lee-Anne said...

Excellent job with the sketch. I love the stitching and chalkboard elements too! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

Margie said...

Love the photos and layout!

Joefil said...

Fantastic take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Aurelie said...

LOVE the colours you chose for your old photos!! AWESOME! Thanks for playing with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

Lisa said...

your school photos are great and you have really highlighted them so well on this layout! fabulous colours and you've done such a good job with the sketch