Tuesday 21 May 2013

Counterfeit Kit challenge #2 Inspired by a childrens book

Here's a layout I'm proud of. When my daughter bought red sparkly chucks I immediately thought of the Wizard of Oz. It is one of my favourite books (and movies).
I used blue gingham along the bottom of the layout with white ric-rac. I clustered flowers above that. Above the photo I've mosaicked gold cardboard(each one inked) as the yellow brick road. I hand pieced the scarecrow, tin man and traced over the lion adding a mane and toto doodling his fur. Finally, I used green strips  to represent the Emerald city.
I'm proud to say that this has been published.


2 comments:

glorygirl said...

This just may be my fave layout of yours ever!!!!! GENIUS idea to scrap those red shoes like Dorothy's! And, to put them on the yellow brick road? CRAZY GOOD idea!!!! This is AMAZING!

Jimjams said...

I agree - such a clever page in so many ways - great photo, funny title, lovely design and brilliant themed embellies!