Wednesday 1 August 2018

August Counterfeit Kit.

The counterfeit kit for August is Cocoa Daisy "Twinkling of the tea" kit.



It features lovely shades of yellows, greens and oranges with some woodgrain.

Pocket Kit:    https://www.cocoadaisy.com/product/july-2018-memory-keeping-pocket-kit-twinkling-of-the-tea/








As I'm heading overseas on 20th August ,I have made a small kit and have gone slightly "rogue".

Presenting my kit "TAN TEA" (not the tantrum kind as in tanty)



I starting by finding the woodgrain and the bright oranges.

Doing that, I realised I have several tan coloured Prima papers, among others ,which are too nice to leave on the shelf.

The 3 Prima papers are-
Prima "Whisper collection" Enlightened
Prima "Urban Cosmos" Village
Prima {You}th "Deep red"

So, I decided to make a kit based around the tan tones.
I also found a 6x6 pad which has oranges, peach and a dusty blue. These co-ordinate with the tans.


The paisley paper here is from "My Mind's Eye" Just Dreamy, Paisley pop.


Similarities to the original kit are woodgrains, oranges, black alphas, spotted ribbon, flowers,  embellishments.
I noticed black paperclips but didn't have any, so I substituted these.


I've also added some hessian flowers, flairs and cork geotags from Studio Calico




It is still autumnal but more deeper than the original. Looking forward to the challenge of this kit.

Now here's the order of the blog hop.


Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog -  http://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/



Guest Designer – Doreen Vasquez - https://madijoes.blogspot.com/






Julene - https://julenebydesign.blogspot.com/  (YOU ARE HERE)














7 comments:

Susanne said...

Love how you've played up the woodgrain and brown tones - fab burlap flowers, BTW.

Tina Campbell said...

Love the kit such a cool way to play up the browns :) Cute kit name too

cinmfoster said...

Great kit, love the weathered woodgrain paper. I'm a woodgrain paper hoarder. The circle paperclips will be fun to use.
Cindy F.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love how you jumped right into the teakettle (hehe) & chose papers too nice to leave sitting on the shelf! Gotta use the good stuff, and what better way than lovingly tucking it into your counterfeit kit. Hoping to be in a page from your trip - still trying to work out the details... xo

kate blue said...

again, I love a rogue! Loving the paisley and earthy floralsand those geotags!

li-bee-ti said...

I'm for woodgrain too! yehh to another wonderful kit of yours! enjoy your vacation!

Susan said...

Great way to think out of the "scrapbox" and pull together something that fits into your busy life. I also love the tones of the papers - neutral enough to work with anything. Safe travels!