Sunday 3 January 2016

Scrap it with a song

Over at Scrap it with a song I noticed the ROCK song is one of my daughter's favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMaycNcPsHI

When she was at Univeristy ,Placebo was her favourite band.
This 50-something mother could sing every word! I heard it so many times.
My layout celebrates the similarities and differences between us.
We look alike and have the same sense of humour and fun.(Evident in this photo)
She is more edgy/off the wall whereas I'm more conservative.

Using the colours of our clothes, I decided on this layout.
I've also made a point of using strips cut from My Minds Eye papers plus others, and some self cover alphas.
My journaling card was a Jennifer Grace Happy scatters, which I inked and adhered to the background.

7 comments:

Giorgia Rossini said...

I chose this month songs, I have the same music taste as your daughter :)
Thanks for playing with us at SIWAS, I love your layout

Emine Pazan said...

Wonderful. Love the colours you used.
Thanks for your beautiful input.

Kind regards
Emine
http://organizedandmessy.wordpress.com/

Sharon said...

Hi Julene. I love your layout. I love it when music talks to me and the layout just comes together. Thanks for playing along with us at SIWAS.

Clair said...

I love that you chose those lyrics to work with and used them as a starting point for your journalling. You're so awesome at these challenges!

Monia said...

You are so ROCK! Yayyyy!!!! I love your vibrant colours! Thanks for playing with SIWAS

Life in Colors said...

Such a wonderful page ! Love that you used the colors of your clothes in it. Thanks for playing with us at SiWAS !

Susanne said...

Never heard of that band or that song, but I like how you've turned it into a meaningful page about the two of you.