Tuesday 8 September 2015

Challenge YOUrself-Note to self.



I've been looking around for a sketch featuring layering and I've found it!
This was my birthday photo for this year. I celebrated on a harbour cruise in Darwin.
The captain presented me with a glass of champagne as I came on board the ship.
Hence my note to self!

The paper had been dotted with yellow coloured gesso already and as it features sea words it is appropriate for this layout. The black brackets are from Bella. I love lime green and black together.

I've also used up a big brad that matches perfectly plus a couple of other triangular ones.

14 comments:

Dolly B said...

What a lovely way to celebrate your birthday and beautifully documented. A lovely memory to look back on. Love the green
Mary

Jess said...

Lovely way to celebrate your birthday! A perfect note to self. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself x

Trish said...

Great take on the sketch,the green looks great,

Sharon Fritchman said...

Julene, I love your beautiful layout, especially the amazing colors! And I also love the wonderful photo of you and your title! What a great take on the sketch and this challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!

Susanne said...

Well look at you! Very stylish. Nice page too with the layering and the added details.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Wonderfully festive page to scrap your big do! Love your pic :)

cinmfoster said...

Lovely layout and a great for your Birthday pictures.
Cindy F

Lynn said...

Wowza! Love your take on our challenge Julene! Great title and photo. Glad we inspired you with our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself :)

Unknown said...

Lovely! Very creative how you used the 3's into E's... there is just never enough Es. Thanks for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself.

MSTEELADY said...

Nice layout.

ÅsaJ said...

I really like that black and green together! Nice work! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Tracy P said...

Good for you celebrating your birthday with a cruise! Great take on the sketch and great colors. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

Taru Jehkonen said...

Lovely page! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrsel

kate blue said...

Love this NOTE...you are a girl after my own heart! I too love the green with the black accenting! Fab! Kate (Challenge YOUrself)