Thursday 4 March 2021

Layout inspired by a painting

 I have a painting here of a jetty and surrounds done by a friend. Curiosity got the better of me so I decided to go and see it in real life. It is at Hen and Chicken bay near Concord.


I made my layout about the boat ramp/jetty.

My inspiration for the layout was Calvinball layout I found on You Tube.

Layout #1 | Starry Night | CalvinBall 2021 Scrapbook Challenge | Scrapbook Process Video - YouTube

Hers featured dogs and stars, mine features the wharf and punched flowers.

I used my Counterfeit kit including a computer number paper plus a lined stationery paper from Crate Paper named Maggie Holmes Lovely. The red paper is the Christmas paper I put in my kit and the blue was a scrap.

Following the You tube video I constructed my layout as close as I could. The tearing under the photo is hidden by the title and flower, but it's there. The obvious place for the journalling is on the lined paper.



1 comment:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Julene, couldn't find your post on your plaid layout for Use Your Stuff to comment. Plaids, green and boys belong together... great layout and love how you framed and embellished around your Jacob. Hope you share your layout with us at Double Trouble too.