Sunday 8 May 2016

Native American layout using ribbon loops

At the scrapbooking marathon I attended Friday and Saturday I had them all amazed with this layout.
I just let my creative juices flow and used ribbon in large loops to add detail.
I've also used some large metallic elements as a feature.
 
The gold word "adventure" and the arrow are Heidi Swapp.
 The arrow is a nod to the native Americans' former way of life.(Think cowboys and Indians)
.
I've probably offended half the American natives by using Cheetah print alphas on this layout, but they add colour and match the dresses that the ladies in the photo are wearing.

I'm really pleased with this layout, firstly because I used wide ribbon, secondly because this was my forged paper and thirdly for using up those metals. Hope you like it!
I'm linking this up to Lil Red Wagon where the challenge is anything but a card.

3 comments:

Kelly Sroka said...

Very nice layout! All the elements on the page work so well together.

Susan said...

Love what you did with the polka dot ribbon. (And I see you managed to use the animal print alpha too)

JanR said...

Great page! Neat embellishments too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.