Sunday 12 April 2015

Lessology

Each time I use a sheet from my Grandmother Hilda's old pianoforte tutor book I have to go to You tube and listen to the tune. This is an old Irish air, the Last Rose of Summer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-P15xujxoI

I wonder did it exist when Francis Drake sailed on the Golden Hind?
This is a photo of the replica of the Golden Hind, which we saw in London.

"Golden Hind or Golden Hinde was an English galleon best known for her circumnavigation of the globe between 1577 and 1580, captained by Sir Francis Drake."

As well as the music I've also used another other recycled item on here. The cord was from Mum's sewing box, obviously cut off something.
I will use the thread another time. 

Enough diversions.
The theme at Lessology is typeface.
There is the aforementioned music, plus a page cut from an old encyclopaedia. The Bo Bunny flower features newsprint.I've also used a writing stamp as my subtitle to add more depth.

I misted the background, then used bubblewrap dipped in a mix of gesso and yellow paint.

The layout is NOT CROOKED. The ship in the photo is!

5 comments:

Miss Jane said...

this is lovely Julene. I love the way you have used the cord

yyam said...

Great page! I love the use of the encyclopaedia page and that cord. Beautiful textures on the background with the mix of gesso and paint.:)

Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh, I LOOOVE this - & it brings back memories of seeing this ship in London, too. Cool vintage vibe....& the bubble wrap idea....that texture is YUM! Great take on our Typeface challenge over at LESSology... lovely to see you joining us this month:):)

Tone-Lill said...

This is awesome and a fab way to upcycle. Thank you for playing with our challenge at LESSology :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

Love that you are using something so meaningful to you on your pages, and I really enjoyed the link to the music :D