Saturday 23 August 2014

Blog hop & Challenge #1 at Counterfeit kits

A single layer challenge is what they asked for.......Hmm, tricky for me.

I had in my kit this coredinations core essentials grey cardstock.

Looking in my tools drawer, I saw my sanding block.
 I haven't used that in ages.
So to start off, I sanded over the embossed dots to create a white/grey background.
Next I flicked turquoise mist on to the page randomly.
Still needing more texture, I used bubble wrap to apply white and then pale turquoise blobs on my page.

It needed "dirtying up" a bit so I used black distress ink to add some grey to it.
Then I painted through a cardboard alpha stencil to get my title.



And here is where we were....Hubbard Glacier, Glacier Bay Alaska

 
You can see the effect I was creating in this picture.

Here is where the Hubbard Glacier is


and there were 8 cruise liners sitting in front of it waiting for it to calve!

I'm entering this in scrapping 4 fun Technique challenge as well.

If you have stumbled on my blog out of order, you can start at the beginning.
Now here is the order of the blog hop.





Lisa      http://lisahausmann.blogspot.de
Julene  http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com (YOU ARE HERE)

Now return to CKCB and leave a comment.
Thank you for hopping with us.


14 comments:

Lesley G said...

Glad Lisa pointed me in the right direction as you weren't on my hop list!
Great job with the paints :)

Jimjams said...

Well done you on getting messy with the page! Glaciers are awesome aren't they!

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

You are too clever! The thought of a single layer layout is enough to scare me away, lol! Embossed cs and paint...very smart, girlie! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

braver than me! the single layer had me running for the hills! well done on creating a very texture filled design!

sassyscrapper said...

An interesting way to recreate the landscape on your layout. Very well done for this challenging challenge.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful layout, one layers are hard to do and you took it to another level.
Cindy F.

Tina Campbell said...

I agree with Cindy this was an excellent way to do one layer so cool to think outside the box and to use that paper for this :)

Susanne said...

Texture is a good stand-in for layers. Great idea, Julene.

Binty said...

love the embossing and the added paint texture u did on the LO. very pretty. very creative take on the one layer challenge.

mandysea said...

Loving the paint work on this, what a trip you must have had!! wow

Sassy Breese said...

I too was stumped on the prospect of a single layer, layout. You have opened the window to new possibilities.

What a grand experience to capture.

Laura said...

Sorry I'm so late getting around this hop!
So much texture - I love it!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful layout and the little bit of messy. ;-)
Lovely glacier picture.
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Angie C. D. said...

Love how you "dirtied" up your layout with the bubble wrap. Great idea. And GREAT picture of the glacier!! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. :D