Friday 16 March 2012

From Screen to scrap in a new car


The challenge this month was to use white with just a touch of blue.I used a Ruby-Rock-it circular page with a blue border,misted over a doiley with turquoise,then used the same doiley on the layout. I've also used a book page saying "Chapter Two" as this is Erica's 2nd car.The lace underneath the photo is a frilly collar taken from a child's dress and sewn over the blue.A journalling box,a few embellishments and voila!
By the way to obscure the number plate I used the "eraser tool" which i still haven't mastered.

7 comments:

Shazza said...

Hi Julene! I love your take on the challenge and how you used the lace from the dress...great idea! Thanks for joining in this month, you have always been a great supporter of FS2S!
cheers
shazza

Dale Tiernan said...

Great way to recycle some lace. I love your die-cut background. Terrific memory to capture too.

Alanna said...

Looks great! Love how you've interpreted the challenge this month :) Thanks for playing along once again with FS2S! :)

Jane said...

Ohh I really like this one Julene. The lace is the perfect touch. Great work.

Miss Nicky said...

I really like this layout Julene and the added touches with the lace and mist look great!

Von said...

Oh Joolz how gorgeous! Lace is my thing at the moment.
Hugs ... Von

DebiJ said...

Love your recycled lace Julene, that die cut cardstock & your great photo - lovely topic to scrap. Thanks for playing along at FS2S! Great to see you again.