Thursday 21 June 2012

Visiting Pro Hart at Artastic

This month's challenge at Artastic was using Pro Hart's dragonfly painting. It just so happened I visited Broken Hill last year and saw the original. I've used 2 photos on my layout.One of me at the gallery and the other of the dragonfly painting(behind glass) at B.H. airport.Our extra criteria was to use insects.The background paper features butterflies and I've added 3 Scrapmatts butterflies(inked in black) with rhinestones on their wings.I've also added some dragonflies brads and finished with side ribbon featuring ladybirds

7 comments:

Jane said...

How exciting actually going to the Pro Hart gallery Julene. Love your page - thanks so much for your entry this month.

Chantelle said...

how awesome to have seen the painting IRL - love your page - thanks so much for playing along at ARTastic.

Mrs Rogers said...

Great page Julene, it must be amazing to see his paintings IRL, great use of them on your page. Thanks for joining in on this months challenge.

DebiJ said...

Oh that was fabulous Julene that you saw this painting at Broken Hill - wonderful really.

I love your adaptation of the criteria, & those lovely butterflies. Thank you for joining in with us at ARTastic!

Shazza said...

Great take on the challenge Julene, I visited Pro Harts gallery a few years ago and just loved all his work, I was surprised that he was an excellent sculpture as well! Thanks for joining in...you are a gem!

Helene Bogren said...

Love the theme of your layout! Thanks for playing along!

amanda73 said...

this is gorgeous,love all of this thanks for playing along