Monday 19 August 2013

Stuck?! sketches birthday

Stuck?! sketches is having a birthday. This means 4 sketches this month.


Here is August 5th sketch.
 The extra criteria was to use the quote "And in the end it's not the years in your life that counts, it's the life in your years" by Abraham Lincoln.
I've chosen a photo of my daughter and a work friend .It was DFO in Canberra's first birthday and as they worked in a bookshop, they decorated the front window with a tiered birthday cake made with books and decorated with streamers.
The chipboard filmstrips are MEMORY MAZE painted white. I've used gesso swirled under the photo then while it was still wet, I added pearl strands and tiny Prima flowers. In the top RH corner there is a matching resin rose.

2 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

Beautiful detail under your photo.

Stephanie said...

gorgeous take on the sketch, I love how you used the gesso! I'll have to try that sometime