Tuesday 27 August 2013

Life paper scrapbook colour challenge.


The colours are reminiscent of my Counterfeit Kit from 2 months ago, so that's where I started...with the scraps. After all this is called scrapbooking.
There were paper offcuts in my yellow, orange and bone bags, so I've used those.

However, before that I used gesso with chicken wire mask to create the background in the left hand side. If you see black poking through it is because I also layered some random numbers on the cardstock first.
On the opposite side I started with the outline from a set of alphas which was black and white. It provides a grid for the rest of my layout.(A favourite layering technique of mine.)
On went the papers then cut out birdcage from Kaiser "sweet nothings" scraps. I had a grey crochet flower from MME "the sweetest thing". Over that I've used more flowers and finally the quote ,also from MME "Indie chic".

The photo is of my daughter's and my feet on a beach in Rhodes in Greece. Those pebbles were hard to stand on plus you sink into them quickly. A memorable moment since we were giggling trying to balance.


7 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Beautiful job with the color scheme and I love the modeling paste in the background! Thanks for playing along with us @ Life.Paper.Scrapbook!

the bodice ripper said...

that was you and thena. My legs are never that tanned.

Julene Matthews said...

I think it was you & me.

Unknown said...

Great use of offcuts and scraps- thanks for playing along at LPS!

Lucia said...

lovely page Julene!thank you for joining us at life paper scrapbook :) x

Isbaha said...

Love this color combination, and beautiful page !

Moonie said...

yes!! love this... very cool layout