Monday 26 August 2013

Scrap around the World and CSI

This layout was uploaded to CSI as part of challenge #86 but it is now uploaded here as well because it is also based on a sketch and colour mood board for Scrap around the World.
Here is SATW's stimulus.
I was inspired not only by the colours but those little cake things reminded me of the Colloseum for some reason. Maybe it was the arch shaped. The wedding cake made me think about flowers.



Anyway here's my layout.
I've basically followed the sketch, using a star theme with my chipboard pieces from both Memory Maze and A2z scraplets. The smaller star on the right is covered in strips of scrap papers.
The flowers are scattered ,the zigzags are doodled, the chevrons are using Lil' Davis metallic paints.

2 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Such a fun layout! Love the chevrons! Thanks for playing along at SATW!

Zanka said...

Great take on the sketch, I like how you spiced it up with all those details. Thank you for joining SATW challenge!