Monday, 29 August 2011
Saturday, 27 August 2011
Thursday, 25 August 2011
Monday, 22 August 2011
I used a scrap of material that was navy/white gingham with lace overlay, plus a ricrac strip and machine stitched it to the card. Then, I misted a segment of a lace doiley with red.I used 3 punchies negatives which I cut circles around and a little girl picture from a magazine.Next I added ribbon plus a half flower made from navy ribbon and a DCWV tag with the number 6 on it.To me, the slope on the right top is offset by the umbrella.
Sunday, 21 August 2011
The place in the photo was Rodini park in Rhodes Greece and was so cool and welcoming on a super hot day.
Thursday, 18 August 2011
I made this for Scrapbooking from scratch's puzzle challenge using Cosmo Cricket papers,The paper loft "Cosmic" lettering and Kaisercraft "Hippie Chick" rubons.As the challenge involved fitting 3 squares,6 circles,3 strips and 2 stars it took a bit of thinking.I'm quite happy with how it turned out.Looking at these 2 photos made me envious of how talented some crafters are.
Wednesday, 17 August 2011
I took this photo of an old house in Goulburn,then created a picture. I painted the trees and flower stems,adding Prima flowers to finish them off.The sand printed paper was from Lincraft and reminded me of the parched earth during the drought.I scalloped around the trim and top of the green patterned paper.The chipboard is scrapmatts.
Monday, 15 August 2011
I made this layout by starting with tissue paper and mod podge.I scrunched it up,smoothed it out then adhered.Then I matted it with co-ordinating card and added lace and flowers to match.The scrapmats heart spray was painted white then the hearts inked in hot pink.The paper in the top right corner has been misted and then had the journalling shield added.These 2 paintings are by Monet.
Sunday, 7 August 2011
Saturday, 6 August 2011
Friday, 5 August 2011
I sloped it down on the left on purpose then added the frothy flower.
Two old photos from my Rotaract days in the 70's.The challenge on FS2S was red and navy plus 2 tone heading and sheet music.Because the photos were a larger size I matted them in red and white to stand out.The title was white cardstock dry painted with residue red paint from another project,It is 2 tone but not in the normal sense.I cut the butterfly from scraps of music added bling for the body(pink rhinestones) then 2 red/white crochet circles like the camoflague spots on some butterflies.I kept it plain because the photos were a formal situation.
Thursday, 4 August 2011
Wow, I don't look at the internet for a couple of days then suddenly I'm innundated with blog feeds.In amongst them I discovered I'd won 2 prizes on from screen to scrap for my layout featuring the sprayed lace and me feeding a deer, and on artastic for my "Celebrate your inner artist" layout.When I received 12 comments I knew something must eventuate!
My layout for Black with 2 this month features my 35th birthday photos.Erica of course, had to be in on the candle blowing out time and this pale green hand made paper matched her dress exactly.I hand cut the scallops around it and kept the layout fairly simple.
I've made this card for a Mystical challenge and for a friend's birthday.There is a cyber crop there this weekend.