Sunday, 27 February 2011
I used this pink paislee paper as the basis for the Stuck!? sketch this month.I added 2 photos of inside Versailles palace showing all the ornate decoration,then decided to make my layout over the top as well.I used my little shoebox tags plus the bird one I received in a swap,Sam and Lucy "weave extra square buttons,a lace doiley I hand dyed,Scrapmatts birds and lettering which says "over le top".This is a mix of languages, but describes Versailles perfectly.
Saturday, 26 February 2011
I covered the box using Grant Archival paper featuring a chrysanthemum.I used rhinestones to highlight the centre of the flower. The chipboard heart circle was embossed after inking it white.I then put rhinestones in the centre of each tiny heart.I used antique lace around the edges of the box.
Sunday, 20 February 2011
Saturday, 19 February 2011
Wednesday, 16 February 2011
Anyway I used a topiary tree from scrapmatts plus matching topiary rub ons I found in my stash.The quote on the doiley says "sugar and spice and everything nice...that's what little girls are made of". I haven't done a girly layout for a while and enjoyed getting this one done.Annabelle looked so cute in her uniform.
Monday, 14 February 2011
I also used a scrap of embroidery I cut from an old hand towel.It added another touch of shabby chic.
Tuesday, 8 February 2011
Here's one I did using a pencil lines sketch I found on purplescraps in the colours requested last week for The colour room.Erica wore this on Christmas afternoon but even she cracked a smile!The gold on the left is misting and the purple with white dots is mesh.
Monday, 7 February 2011
This photo features 13 members of the Livi family or direct descendants.
The layout is on "My minds eye" paper and features BG Black tie lettering,a flower I made from dress pattern with a fancy brad and softly inked edges.There are 2 more brads surrounding the "Lost and Found" Family box as well as flourishes from scrapmatts.I added some bling for extra depth plus a beaded lace scrap.
Saturday, 5 February 2011
This Kaisercraft paper called K-bots laser proved a challenge to me.I went to the Kaisercraft website to look for examples on how to use it and couldn't find a single layout. I then googled and could only find sites selling it....SO this could be the first layout using K-Bots Laser!
The strong diagonals meant that the photo went in the bottom left corner and I worked out from there.It is mounted equidistant on the Kraft with about 1cm all around. I used lots of rubons,chipboard( from scrapbookingncraft) and some doodling. I think it all works,hope the Kraft it up people do too.the colours this month were kraft with orange,black and turquoise.
Friday, 4 February 2011
The technique I used was embossing with copper foil using a stylus over a patterned picture frame.It went so well with the Rebecca Sower paper called Beeswax.There is a bee also in copper foil on the bottom left hand side. This is my entry for Artastic this month.