Sunday 18 August 2013

Let's get shabby with leaves

Let's get shabby has the criteria this month of leaves.
Of course if it is green, I turn to Kaisercraft "Chapter One" collection.
(Those who know me well don't even have to ask.)

I started with some leafy green vellum as my background.
I overlayed a shaped piece of Chapter One. The matching chipboard leaf shapes are applied over the top with their edges touching the photo.
 I fussy cut on the bottom left hand corner of my layout.
I've used an old piece of lace under my vine which was applied using the Xyron. Another branch from Petaloo, I think, is over the top corner, to give it some colour.
Finally, I have hand written my title and journaling using a calligraphy pen.

6 comments:

mandysea said...

OOh Julene, it feels like you can walk right into the garden - it looks so inviting! Lovely work with your greenery and thanks for playing along with Shabby!

Deb said...

This is lovely, Julene and it does look like you could walk straight through into the garden. Love the little touch of pink up the top. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Shabby.

Gayle Price said...

Very pretty page and great use of papers. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lets Get Shabby.

Christiane Courtin-Mangez said...



A very lovely page !!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lets Get Shabby.

JansArtyJunk said...

A beautiful layered LO, loving your foliage and touch of lace...Thanks for playing along with us at Let's get shabby :)

Julie said...

Looks great Julene. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.