Saturday 20 April 2013

Stuck on u sketches using Counterfeit kit.

Here is the sketch for Stuck on u sketches

As you can see,it is a double.

Here's my interpretation.
I made a stupid mistake when doing this double. I thought I had 2 sheets of the check paper when it turned out to be one plus a part of one. So I've used pastel spots on the second. I can justify it in a way because our Physical culture uniforms had spotted collars.
Anyway despite this the 2 pages match.
The photos are dark because they were taken as slides back in 1959 and I've only recently had them made into prints.
Here are the pages separately so you can see the details better
 
I've used kaisercraft Tiger Lilly butterflies and flourishes as well as pearl flourishes in white.
The majority of what is on these layouts is from my counterfeit kit.
 

6 comments:

glorygirl said...

I love these pages! The title carried over to the second page makes them flow so well together! And, I LOVE the photos! How very cool to be scrapping some older photos. Love your dedication to scrapping every part of your life!

Carole Wright said...

Just love these layouts, great take on the sketch - Caroleanne at SOUS

Anonymous said...

Yay!
You joined a few times! Awesome!
Thanks so much for sharing your creations
and joining our challenges...
This really is such a FUN project!!!!!!!

~Leah

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

I so love old photos! Great take on the sketch and thanks for joining us at SOUS!

Fern said...

First of all Julene, there are NO mistakes in Scrapbooking!!! Your pages flow beautifully... I actually like that the papers are different... Love, love the sweet photos and the butterflies are too cute!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

Unknown said...

Great double pager Julene. Loving the photo's - I can relate to the slides issue, a lot of my childhood photo's are on slides too. Slowly converting them to traditional photo's... Your pages flow together beautifully. Treasured memories scrapped and journalled - excellent. Thanks for joining us again at SOUS!