Friday 19 April 2013

Another freaking scrapping challenge April part 1.

This layout is for Another Freaking scrapping challenge's first challenge for April. The topic was to document your biggest challenge in life.
There's been a few:- motherhood, coping with a chronic disease(Rheumatoid Arthritis),divorce, building a house, marriage, studying....but I've chosen one dear to my heart...losing a baby .

This layout may not have the latest Prima flowers or beautifully matched embellishments, but the thoughts behind my journaling are as precious as possible. It is a "from the heart" layout. I've used lots of journaling, paper tearing (symbolic), and stamping using paint.

We were married for over 2 years trying to conceive for most of that, then finally it happened...I was pregnant. We were overjoyed! The trouble was at 12 weeks I miscarried.We were devastated, but philosophical. I figured if I could fall pregnant once, it could happen again.2 years later I fell pregnant again with Erica and everything went fine.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Scrapping the hard stories - yep, quite a challenge. But I have done a few of these and it does feel good to tell that part of my story, and help to make a bigger picture of me. Well done for getting it down and thank you for sharing. It's encouraging to think that we are all out there with bigger stories than just the pretty days.

Dolly B said...

A very heartful layout and look how young you are ! I like how you have scrapped this
Mary

Eli said...

It's a terrible challenge for a woman. But I'm very happy you are a mother now. Good luck for your life. A big kiss.
Eli (Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge)

squoodger said...

Oh Julene! This is such a tender subject and so very personal for each family that has had this happen :(
So important to scrap these hard memories as they help show that this precious little life did exist!
hugs!Renee I

Mitralee said...

It's not about the latest flowers or bling, but about the story. Thanks for sharing it with us. A very brave topic!

Thanks for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!

Hugs from NY!

Anne Pennington said...

Hello Julene - you are brave to scrap that pain. I know that pain is hard and difficult with others. I love your layout, and I love how you always play along with us at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge - hope to see you again soon!!